- Cum Laude Graduate, Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri, January 1982
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri
- Assistant Director of Hosea House, Logan College of Chiropractic's Not-for-Profit Clinic, while a student at Logan College.
- Undergraduate studies in sciences, liberal arts, fine arts Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio and the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Over 440 hours Post-Graduate Chiropractic Orthopedics Diplomate Program training through National College of Chiropractic's Post-Graduate Department, Lombard, Illinois.
- Over 250 hours Acupuncture and Meridian Therapy Training including 100 Certification hours through the Post-Graduate Department of Logan College of Chiropractic, 100+ hours Classical Acupuncture Training through the NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners including NADA training with Dr. Bonnie Walker, LAc, Dipl.Ac, DC, Certification in Acupuncture Orthopedics through the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- Decades of study and certification hours in a wide variety of instrument, non-force, as well as manual adjusting techniques for the spine and extremity joints.
- Certification from Kharrazian Institute Functional Medicine Program Gastrointestinal Clinical Strategies.
- Decades of post-graduate continuing education and study in subjects including Women's Health, Nutrition, Sports Injuries, Auto Injuries, Neuroinflammation and Concussion, Massage and Soft Tissue Injuries, Exercise, KinesioTaping, Chiropractic Pediatrics and Family Care, Stress Management, plus so much more, since 1980.
- Private practice experience since 1982 treating infants, children, young adults, adults, and the elderly.
For over thirty years, helping others find relief from aches and pains has been inspiring, but we've also seen over and again remarkable improvement in the health of adults and children using the "whole person approach" with chiropractic at its core. I enjoy helping. Patients get pain relief, and can learn ways to take care of themselves to stay well.
Like many other patients' first experiences with chiropractic, I went for pain relief first, and then I grew to understand the profound effects chiropractic care can have on total health, prevention, and wellness. My experience inspired me to become a chiropractic physician, and I've also been humbled that the care I've provided inspired some of my patients to change their career paths to become Doctors of Chiropractic.
I've a lifetime of interest in and study of biology and science, natural healing, exercise, nutrition, and energy medicine. I can recommend healthy options for your needs.
In my office, I especially enjoy helping women feel their best. Women tend to be "proverbial professional jugglers" in life. In 1990 my wonderful and amazing child was born, and along with owning and working at Chiropractic Plus, I also took on the role of home-school mom for six years. I understand the challenges and labors of love that raising a child brings.
Another area well understood here is supporting our changing, aging bodies, including the depth of loving effort and the physical demands that caregiving elderly parents demands, having personal experience as caregiver in my home for my mother who suffered from Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. At Chiropractic Plus, we understand and compassionately support caregivers.
Other than the focus I give patients, my clinic, learning and my continuing education, I especially enjoy the arts and performances, Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, reading, weight training, hiking, dancing, kayaking, bicycling, nature and outside time (including relaxing on my screened porch and in my hammock!), good food, good friends, good conversation...
Now it's your turn! I'd like to hear your story, and make recommendations to help you find a pain-free and healthy life so you can enjoy the people and things you love the most. We're here for you!
P.S. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to explore our website and for taking an interest in Chiropractic Plus, where we truly strive to meet and exceed your expectations as natural health care providers. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
Chiropractic Plus in Cary
Free Consultation. Call (919) 460-1115
"Natural Pain Relief & Wellness Care"