- Cum Laude Graduate, Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri, January 1982
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri
- Assistant Director of Hosea House, Logan College of Chiropractic's Not-for-Profit Clinic, while a student at Logan College.
- Undergraduate studies in sciences, liberal arts, fine arts Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio and the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Over 440 hours Post-Graduate Chiropractic Orthopedics Diplomate Program training through National College of Chiropractic's Post-Graduate Department, Lombard, Illinois.
- Over 250 hours Acupuncture and Meridian Therapy Training including 100 Certification hours through the Post-Graduate Department of Logan College of Chiropractic, 100+ hours Classical Acupuncture Training through the NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners including NADA training with Dr. Bonnie Walker, LAc, Dipl.Ac, DC, Certification in Acupuncture Orthopedics through the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
- Decades of study and certification hours in a wide variety of instrument, non-force, as well as manual adjusting techniques for the spine and extremity joints.
- Certification from Kharrazian Institute Functional Medicine Program Gastrointestinal Clinical Strategies.
- Decades of post-graduate continuing education and study in subjects including Women's Health, Nutrition, Sports Injuries, Auto Injuries, Neuroinflammation and Concussion, Massage and Soft Tissue Injuries, Exercise, KinesioTaping, Chiropractic Pediatrics and Family Care, Stress Management, plus so much more, since 1980.
- Private practice experience since 1982 treating infants, children, young adults, adults, and the elderly.
I enjoy helping. Patients get pain relief, and if interested, learn ways to take care of themselves. Over the years, I have been humbled and honored to have successfully treated patients with natural healing methods, from very young to very old, in all kinds of professions from homemakers to CEOs to truck drivers to hair dressers to IT gurus to medical professionals... you name it... and from weekend warriors to the elite in their sport... each individuals with individual needs, pains, and stresses to address and support.
My lifetime interest in biology and physiology, natural healing arts, natural food and diet, nutritional support, exercise, medicine and energy medicine, and my tendency to be a 'professional student' brought and continues to bring experiences, classes, books, and more my way. Fortunately for me, one special book, way back when, was by a chiropractor. I had injured my low back from heavy lifting, and because of that book, it just made sense to me to seek help from a chiropractor. Like many other patients who have first experiences with chiropractic, I went for pain relief first, and then I grew to understand the profound effects chiropractic care can have on total health, prevention, and wellness. Of course, my low back was helped, but I was also inspired to become a chiropractic physician.
It has also been a great honor that as an intern before graduation, as well as during my years in private practice, that the care I've provided has inspired some patients to change their career paths to become Doctors of Chiropractic.
Exercise has always been a part of my life... and I've had my fair share of injuries, too, so understand what that's like. An avid bicyclist from youth into adulthood, weight training, dance, gymnastics, horseback riding, hiking, yoga, kayaking, swimming, and more... I remember joining one of the first Nautilus gyms in the 1970s and have continued weight training at home and at various gyms for decades. Tai Chi and yoga are two of my favorite meditative movement healing arts and practiced almost daily. I try to help you find and choose practices that will suit your lifestyle and help with your health and wellness needs.
Health and wellness became personal in another wonderful way in 1990 with the birth of my lovely and amazing child. Along with owning and working at Chiropractic Plus, I also took on the role of home-school mom for six years. I understand the challenges and labors of love that raising a child brings. I consider women "proverbial professional jugglers" and empathize with the demands and stresses that can impact our health and self-nurturing. In my office, I especially enjoy helping women feel their best.
Another area well understood here is supporting our changing, aging bodies, including the depth of loving effort and the physical stresses that caregiving elderly parents demands. I was caregiver in my home for my mother who suffered from Vascular Dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. At Chiropractic Plus, we understand and compassionately support caregivers .
Other than the focus I am compelled to give patients, my clinic, and my continuing education, I continue to especially enjoy theater, dance and music performances, spending time at art galleries and museums, Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, reading, gym time, dancing, learning, nature and outside time (including relaxing on my screened porch and in my hammock!), good food, good friends, good conversation...
Now it's your turn! I'd like to hear your story and make recommendations to help you find a pain-free and healthy life so you can enjoy the people and things you love the most. We're here for you!
P.S. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to explore our website and for taking an interest in Chiropractic Plus, where we truly strive to meet and exceed your expectations as natural health care providers. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]
Chiropractic Plus in Cary
Free Consultation. Call (919) 460-1115
"Natural Pain Relief & Wellness Care"