Meet Dr. Diane Levitt
- Cum Laude Graduate, Doctor of Chiropractic degree, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri, January 1982
- Bachelor of Science in Human Biology, Logan College of Chiropractic, St. Louis, Missouri
- Undergraduate studies in sciences, liberal arts, fine arts Antioch College, Yellow Springs, Ohio and the University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Over 440 hours Chiropractic Orthopedics Diplomate Program training through National College of Chiropractic's Post-Graduate Department, Lombard, Ill
- Acupuncture and Meridian Therapy Training and 100 Certification hours through the Post-Graduate Department of Logan College of Chiropractic
- Additional Certification in Acupuncture Orthopedics through the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture and other Post-Graduate Acupuncture Studies
- Additional Certification 100+ hours in Acupuncture with the NC Board of Chiropractic Examiners and NADA training with Dr. Bonnie Walker, LAc, DC
- Assistant Director as student of Hosea House, Logan College of Chiropractic's Not-for-Profit Clinic; numerous Clinical and Student Awards.
- Certification hours in a wide variety of instrument, non-force, and manual adjusting techniques for the spine and extremity joints.
- Private practice experience since 1982 treating infants, children, young adults, adults, and elderly.
- Other extensive post-graduate education and training in Women's Health, Sports Injuries, Auto Injuries, Massage and Soft Tissue Injuries, Nutrition, Exercise, Pediatrics, Family Care plus so much more, since 1980.
My lifetime interest in biology, medicine and energy medicine, natural healing arts, natural food and diet, nutritional support, exercise, and my tendency to be a 'professional student' brought and continues to bring experiences, classes, and books my way. Fortunately for me, one special book, way back when, was by a chiropractor. I had injured my low back from heavy lifting, and because of that book, it just made sense to me to seek help from a chiropractor. Like many other patients who have first experiences with chiropractic, I went for pain relief first, and then I grew to understand the profound effects chiropractic care can have on total health, prevention, and wellness. Of course, my low back was helped, but I was also inspired to become a chiropractic physician.
Over the years, I have been humbled and honored to have successfully treated patients of all shapes and sizes with natural healing methods, from very young to very old, in all kinds of professions from homemakers to CEOs to truck drivers to hair dressers to IT gurus to medical professionals... you name it... and from weekend warriors to the elite in their sport... each individuals with individual needs, pains, and stresses to address and support.
It has also been a great honor that as an intern before graduation, as well as during my years in private practice, that the care I've provided has inspired some patients to change their career paths to become Doctors of Chiropractic.
Exercise has always been a part of my life... and I've had my fair share of injuries, too, so understand what that's like. An avid bicyclist from youth into adulthood, weight training, dance, gymnastics, horseback riding, hiking, yoga, kayaking, swimming, and more... I remember joining one of the first Nautilus gyms in the 1970s and have continued weight training at home and at various gyms for over three decades. Tai Chi and yoga are two of my favorite meditative movement healing arts. I try to help you find the practices that will suit your lifestyle and most help with your health and wellness needs.
Health and wellness became personal in another wonderful way in 1990 with the birth of my lovely and amazing child. Along with owning and working at Chiropractic Plus, I also took on the role of home-school mom for six years. I understand the challenges and labors of love that raising a child brings. I consider women "proverbial professional jugglers" and empathize with the demands and stresses that can impact our health and self-nurturing. In my office, I especially enjoy helping women feel their best.
Another area well understood here is supporting our changing, aging bodies, including the depth of loving effort and physical stresses that caregiving elderly parents demands. I was caregiver in my home for my mother who suffered from Vascular Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease, and other health conditions. At Chiropractic Plus, we understand and compassionately support caregivers .
Other than the focus I am compelled to give patients, my clinic, and my continuing education, I continue to especially enjoy theater, dance and music performances, spending time at art galleries and museums, Tai Chi, yoga, meditation, reading, gym time, dancing, learning, nature and outside time (including relaxing on my screened porch and in my hammock!), good food, good friends, good conversation...
Now it's your turn! I'd like to hear your story and make recommendations to help you personally find a pain-free and healthy life so you can enjoy the people and things you love the most. We're here for you!
P.S. I'd like to thank you for taking the time to explore our website and for taking an interest in Chiropractic Plus, where we truly strive to meet and exceed your expectations as natural health care providers. If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chiropractic Plus in Cary
Free Consultation. Call (919) 460-1115
"We help when you hurt."